Being gluten free in an Italian family is hard, but it doesn’t mean you have to sit out on Sunday dinner. When I was diagnosed with Celiac disease, my mom adapted her Italian cooking style to make some of my favorite meals gluten free. I am now sharing with you one of my all time favorite recipes, gluten free chicken cutlets, that will be perfect for any Sunday dinner.
Gluten Free Chicken Cutlets
1 pound boneless chicken breast
1 large egg
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups 4C gluten free bread crumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
2) Mix egg and milk in another bowl and beat. Mix pepper, salt, garlic powder and bread crumbs in a bowl.
3) Dip chicken into egg and milk mixture and then into bread crumb mixture. Place chicken on a tray and repeat until all strips are breaded.
4) Add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large pan. Heat the pan to medium heat and add chicken. Let it brown and then turn once.
4) Remove chicken once it is cooked fully. Place on a paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
5) Top with tomato sauce, mozzarella and basil.
You may also bake by preheating the oven to 450°F and placing the cutlets on a baking sheet for 15 minutes.